Friday, October 1, 2010

Why Start A Blog?

Why start a blog? Yes, that's a question I've been asking myself for some time, approximately three days, perhaps longer. I got thinking about how it would be interesting to document the process of getting published as a children's author while still somewhere in the middle of the process, sort of an unfolding mystery we can experience together.

This is a bit of a risk as the potential exists I shall never get published and leave you the reader wondering why you spent precious minutes reading a narrative about the little engine that could that ultimately couldn't. The thing is, I'm confident I will get published and it is only a matter of time. The thing is, I'm not confident I will ever get published and there is not enough time in all the history of the universe to prove otherwise.

You have to understand in my world I envision myself simultaneously basking in the glory of book signing notoriety and staring at my own hapless forgotten gravestone, not unlike Scrooge in the hands of Christmas future.

In the meantime, why blog? Because the story is true, the characters tightly drawn, the conflict all too real and my fingers twitch when not typing. With this in mind, the best place to start would be the beginning. Which is why I shall start in the middle and work my way outward in concentric circles blending past, present and future like a stone skipping across the pond of time. I'm not exactly sure what that means but I like skipping stones, almost as much as writing, sometimes more.

I dare you to join me. I double dog dare you. The blog has begun. Blog on brother. Blog on.

No comments:

Post a Comment